Commonly Asked Questions
What does Pioneer Kitchens do?
We will help you through the remodeling process – design through installation. First, we will measure your space and talk about your wants, needs and budget. We'll discuss your choices for cabinetry and countertops, layout and features. Back at our showroom, we'll create a design just for your dream kitchen or bath. Next, we will meet with you and tweak the design to get it just right. We sign a contract, and then we will place orders and do our behind-the-scenes fabrication and finish work. Before we come out, we will call you and make an installation appointment. On the arranged day, we will show up, and our experienced installers will create your dream kitchen or bath. When we are finished and you are satisfied, you pay us.
What do I need to do?
Think about your dream kitchen:
- What does it look like? Collect pictures, colors, textures, magazine articles or anything else that helps you define your look.
- What special features might you include? Decide which items are "must haves" and which are "wish list" items.
- What materials would you like to incorporate? Would you like oak, maple, cherry or hickory cabinets? Would you like a painted or glazed finish? How about your countertops? Granite? Quartz? Solid surface?
- What type of appliances suit your dream kitchen?
Think about how you use your kitchen:
- Do you need eat-in seating?
- Do you entertain?
- How large is your family?
- Who cooks?
- Are family meals elaborate feasts or cozy dinners?
Think about your budget:
- How much do you want to invest?
- Do you want to finance your project?
- What is reasonable for your neighborhood and house?
How long will my project take?
You can expect a countertop project to take one or two days. A cabinet refacing project usually takes between two days and one week. A complete tear-out and reinstall varies a great deal on the complexity of the design and what materials are used. These projects usually take between one and three weeks.
How much will my project cost?
The cost of your project is based on what you want to do. We want to come to your home, measure, design and give you an accurate quotation for what you want and need in your new kitchen. Obviously, a large, complex kitchen with premium-finished cherry cupboards and exotic granite will cost substantially more than a simple replacement of a countertop, but we will agree on an exact price and sign a contract for your project before any work is started.
How do I choose who will do my kitchen or bath project?
Use care when considering different companies' estimates. Are you comparing products of equivalent quality? What are the differences in warranties? Is everything you need to have a functional kitchen included in the estimate? Who will be installing your kitchen? Does the company have a good track record? Will they provide references? Make sure you know what is included in each estimate. Be wary of gray areas that are not spelled out. Question how accurate your estimate is without someone actually inspecting the job site and measuring for themselves. And, finally, square-foot pricing is always a guess at pricing and seldom within shouting distance of your final total.